HALLELUJAH!

Monday, February 25, 2008

Oscars Red Carpet 2008

I have a few things to note, before I post my favorites.

Black is boring, people. B-O-R-I-N-G. Boring. If you're wearing black on the red carpet at the Oscars, it says to me that you (and your stylist) lack both imagination and courage.

Dress your damn hair. Wearing an expensive designer gown with hair that looks like you just left your Pilates class is nothing short of appalling. You know who you are, Cameron Diaz.

Too much of anything is never a good thing. That goes for trains, feathers, and breast-plate-sized floral ornaments. coughRebeccaMillercough

And now, the envelope please.

Photobucket
An extraordinary dress. Just extraordinary. And Mademoiselle Cotillard wore it with such joy.

Photobucket
Elegant and simple and it suited Calista perfectly. And her hair was dressed to compliment her dress, the way God intended.

Photobucket
Red was the color of the hour, and Katherine's was one of the highlights. And look how beautifully her hair frames her face.

Photobucket
Heidi could wear a potato sack and still be hotter than a firecracker, but this dress was positively regal. Plus, it was worn for a good cause. Frau Seal also gets snaps for her beautifully dressed hair.

Photobucket
Speaking of regal, Helen is the queen. She knows how to dress to emphasize the good things about her figure and to deflect from those things that don't need attention. And her hair always looks wonderful.

Photobucket
The only black dress that I found the least bit interesting, and I was surprised that Hilary played it so safe, especially after the stunning and unconventional dress that she wore last year. She's another one who always dresses her hair appropriately.

Photobucket
I wasn't crazy about Ms. Christie's dress, even though I give her mad props for designing it herself, but look at her hair. Isn't it fabulous?

6 comments:

nejyerf said...

what about jennifer garner? i liked her dress.


nicole kidman left me cold. what was up with all that frippery around her neck?!

nejyerf said...

and what about tilda swinton?

ye gods!!!

PhantomMinuet said...

I hated Jennifer's hair. Hated it. It was almost as bad as Cameron's. And I don't know who picked her lip color, but it gave her zombie lips.

Tilda, I adore. I didn't like the dress very much, but I loved the fact that she wore an unconventional silhouette and no make-up. Her only adornment was that shock of red hair. Next to Marion Cotillard, hers was the most unique of all the red carpet looks.

nejyerf said...

and i totally agree with your take on cameron diaz and her hair.

i don't understand how these women can spend thousands of dollars on beautiful gowns and then forget to do the hair. or pull it back into a ponytail.

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Nicole with her necklace looping around one breast...eeekkkk.

PhantomMinuet said...

Nicole really made a misstep this year. And she's had so much stuff injected in her face that she's beginning to exhibit the Cher Affect.

Or should I say, lack of affect?

What Min Is Reading on a Rainy Day

  • Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew'd, Alan Bradley
  • A Fatal Grace, Louise Penny

Min's Current Conditions

My photo
Nashville, TN, United States
If it was a perfect world, I'd be out of a job.