HALLELUJAH!

Friday, August 12, 2011

Success!

I have decluttered by master bedroom, master bath, hall bath, and guest bedroom, except for a pile of art underneath the guest bedroom bed. I haven't yet figured out what I'm going to do with it. I have already identified some pieces that I intend to put in the garage sale, but there's a lot I don't want to part with, even though I will never have room to display it all in my modest little home.

I just read this over a Miss Minimalist's blog, and it really spoke to me:

All too often, we hold on to stuff because it represents who we think we should be, rather than who we are. Sometimes our fantasy selves are meant to impress others, sometimes they’re relics of our past, sometimes they’re fantasies about our future.

No comments:

What Min Is Reading on a Rainy Day

  • Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew'd, Alan Bradley
  • A Fatal Grace, Louise Penny

Min's Current Conditions

My photo
Nashville, TN, United States
If it was a perfect world, I'd be out of a job.