HALLELUJAH!

Monday, April 20, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookies

I am always amazed at how much people love peanut butter cookies. They seem to me to be the most plebeian of cookies and somewhat overshadowed by all of the exotic chocolate variations, which include chips, chunks, nuts, dried fruits, etc. But the peanut butter cookie still holds its own.

I made a double batch of peanut butter cookies for a church event last night. It's the classic recipe from the red and white Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, which, along with the Mary Starr cookbook, are the two cookbooks that my mother bought for me when I set up housekeeping. And it's a pretty damn good cookie, if I do say so myself. I was so pleased with how the batch for church turned out that I made a third batch to bring to work this morning.

No comments:

What Min Is Reading on a Rainy Day

  • Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew'd, Alan Bradley
  • A Fatal Grace, Louise Penny

Min's Current Conditions

My photo
Nashville, TN, United States
If it was a perfect world, I'd be out of a job.