HALLELUJAH!

Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas is kicking my ass. Again.

Saturday, I worked in the bookstore, then I had to go to K-Mart and buy another Crockpot, because I forgot and left all my others ones at the office. That's okay, though. I can always use another Crockpot. Then I came home to cook, because my book group women were gathering for our annual Christmas party that same night, and it's a major food and gift extravanganza. I made a Greek terrine, chicken and rice soup, and homemade chocolate sandwich cookies with vanilla cream.

I didn't get home from the party, until after 2:30 a.m.

Then I dragged my sorry butt out of bed on Sunday morning and made it to the 11:00 a.m. service. I stuck around to work in the bookstore for a little while, then I came home and finally got my Christmas tree up. It isn't one of my prettiest trees, but, by this point, I ain't picky.Then I headed back out to meet my other women friends for dinner and gift giving. It was very nice, and I ate my weight in fried pickles, a fact for which I will certainly pay today. I begged off driving around to see the Christmas lights, because I have entirely too much to do tonight. I stopped by K-Mart on the way home and bought a gift card for my mailman and a couple of Christmas movies.

I came home and messed with the tree some more, stuffed assorted stockings, set out my Fitz and Floyd Santas, addressed Twelfth Night invitations, wrote thank you notes, and otherwise tried to get a handle on my remaing list of Christmas tasks. I have a party tonight, and I don't expect to be back from it until around midnight. I have to find time to take Mike's gift to him, and I have scads of packages to wrap on Tuesday night. God only knows when I'm going to have time to bake.

I'll be so glad when Christmas is over, and I can finally start to enjoy the holiday.

2 comments:

Kanani said...

I remember the photos of the Fitz and Floyd! You have quite a collection, right?

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

Which is exactly why I wish we as a country could get with the Advent/Prep time then Christmas/Enjoy time like I hear they do in Scandinavian countries. 12th day of Christmas would be January 6...and everyone is expected to entertain and visit AFTER Advent, instead of during.

My default is skipping right into Mardi Gras mid January...and let the good times roll!

What Min Is Reading on a Rainy Day

  • Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew'd, Alan Bradley
  • A Fatal Grace, Louise Penny

Min's Current Conditions

My photo
Nashville, TN, United States
If it was a perfect world, I'd be out of a job.