HALLELUJAH!

Monday, August 8, 2011

I'm thrilled. Thrilled, I tell ya!

I have finally completed the decluttering and re-decorating of my master bedroom, and it looks faaaabulous. I replaced the burgundy sheers and heavy burgundy brocade coverlet with a black/white toile valance (that my mother made for one of my long ago apartments), a white blanket, rose sheets, black/white toile pillow shams (that I made to match the valance), and a single black brocade throw pillow. I took the burgundy and purple fringed scarf/throw off the mahogany rocker, which shows the black/white toile underneath (also done for that same long-ago apartment). With the new clean, white walls, the black/white/rose color scheme makes the room look so much bigger.

It's even more thrilling when I open my closet doors, because both closets are tidy, organized and free of junk sitting on the floor.

I need to find black or white European shams to replace the burgundy ones on the rattan settee, and I have to decide whether I'm going to repaint the bathroom to match.

I managed to declutter both my linen closet, my hall bathroom, and my hall closet this weekend. Next up...the guest bedroom. And it's going to be a bear.

No comments:

What Min Is Reading on a Rainy Day

  • Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew'd, Alan Bradley
  • A Fatal Grace, Louise Penny

Min's Current Conditions

My photo
Nashville, TN, United States
If it was a perfect world, I'd be out of a job.