HALLELUJAH!

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday

I looked like a breath of fresh spring air at church this morning. I know this, because someone came up to me and said, "You look like a breath of fresh spring air". Why, you ask? Undoubtedly, it was because I was wearing pink and white. Now, if you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you know I loathe pink. But several years ago, I bought an inexpensive lot of vintage hats that included an amazing pink/black/white striped Christian Dior toque. A gorgeous hat. However, I have had nothing to wear with it, because I avoid pink like the plague (except for the occasional shoe or purse). Last year, I bought a bright pink, almost a hot pink, linen sheath trimmed with an organza ruffle and a matching ruffled-trimmed jacket embroidered with a pale pink rose. When I say this thing is pink, I mean it is really, really pink. Nauseatingly so. And worse than that, it doesn't really go with the hat. :-(

So today, I wore a sheer white organza lampshade hat (a past Easter hat) and low-heeled white slingbacks and carried a white leather purse to cut some of the pinkness. Dogwood colors, as it were.

And the Gay Boyz loved it. :-)

I'll try to post a picture of the hat later. I'm at the office right now, writing an opening statement for my hearing tomorrow.

1 comment:

Miss Janey said...

You look great in pink.

What Min Is Reading on a Rainy Day

  • Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew'd, Alan Bradley
  • A Fatal Grace, Louise Penny

Min's Current Conditions

My photo
Nashville, TN, United States
If it was a perfect world, I'd be out of a job.