HALLELUJAH!

Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

I don't usually post recipes in this blog, but it's a holiday. Straight out of the Betty Crocker Cookbook (which my mother gave me when I set up housekeeping):

Peanut Butter Cookies
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened (I use margarine for this recipe)
1/2 cup peanut butter (I prefer smooth for cookies)
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon soda

Cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Scoop a generous teaspoon amount, roll in granulated sugar, and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flattened slightly with a fork dipped in sugar. Bake at 375 degrees for 9-10 minutes.

Variation: Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
Substitute 1/2 cup Nutella for the peanut butter and decrease cooking time by one minute. These cookies will be slightly larger, thinner, and crisper (more crisp?) than the peanut butter version.

4 comments:

Thoughts on Life and Millinery. said...

I always like a Betty Crocker recipe. My mom has used her cook book her whole life and I have too...starting with the Betty Crocker Boy's and Girl's cookbook as a seven year old. Her International cookbook is a tried and true cullinary resource as well.

Nice to see one of her recipes featured on your blog.

Kanani said...

Am I the only one who can look at that recipe and gain 5 pounds?

Glad to see others here have the same experience. My mother had the red and white Betty Crocker cookbook. It was tattered and had things paperclipped to it! And I remember the BC Boy's and Girls cookbook and all the pictures of the cookies.

I wanted to mention this to you --awhile ago I wrote about Falguni and Shane. Well, Shane Peacock read it, wrote me, and asked for my measurements. He's going to send me an outfit! Wild!!

nejyerf said...

i love that phrase "set up housekeeping"

no one uses that anymore.

my grandmother used to tell me stories about when she and my papa were first married and setting up housekeeping. i longed for the day when i could have my own house and do the same.

Marie said...

Nutella cookies! I am in heaven....I love Nutella....I'm a badddddd girl....

What Min Is Reading on a Rainy Day

  • Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew'd, Alan Bradley
  • A Fatal Grace, Louise Penny

Min's Current Conditions

My photo
Nashville, TN, United States
If it was a perfect world, I'd be out of a job.